Call for papers
Topics and Scope
The aim of the ISSS-2017 is to share the latest developments in research and application of steel structure technologies. The themes of the 9th International Symposium on Steel Structures have following research topics.
- Bridge Engineering
- Building Frame Analysis
- Construction Practice & Management
- Composite/Hybrid Structures
- Computer-aided design
- Damage Assessment
- Design Codes
- Earthquake/Wind Engineering
- Fatigue/Fracture Mechanics
- Fire-Resistant Structures
- Floor Vibrations
- Light Gauge Structures
- Nonlinear behavior
- Offshore Structures
- Smart Structures
- Stainless Steel
- Unbonded Brace System
- Vibration Control System
The organizing committee invites you to submit abstracts with 300-500 words on various topics concerned steel materials and structures. Full papers should be 2~4 pages A4 in length and must provide a clear summary of the proposed paper. It should include the title of the paper and full contact information of the authors. One or two figures or tables may be included in the full paper. Both abstracts and full papers will be reviewed.
Also, the committee will provide a USB memory stick including symposium papers (the conference proceedings). Submission of extended full papers after the Symposium is required for the publication in the special issue ISSS−2017 of IJOSS. Selected papers in ISSS−2017 will be included in the Science Citation Index Expanded(by Thomson Reuters Scientific). Acceptance of submitted papers depends on the peer−review process of IJOSS.
Abstract Submission Guideline
Abstracts Submission Deadline: March 30, 2017
- 1. Abstracts will be accepted ONLY when submitted online.
- 2. All the submissions will be reviewed by Scientific Committee and acceptance notice will be sent to corresponding authors.
- 3. An abstract with 300-500 words written in English in a WORD file should be uploaded. The following information are required: List of authors with complete affiliation, corresponding author, keywords. English Filename is requested.
- 4. The online procedure requires to select the preference for the topics and for the type of presentation (oral or poster), however the final decision will be made by the Scientific Committee upon final acceptance of the paper.
- 5. After entering the online form and sending the abstract, the presenting author will receive the confirmation of submission by email. With a username and a password, authors can log into the abstract submission system and make all changes to the abstract, till the deadline for the abstract submission.
- 6. Please download Abstract Template Format here.
- 7. You can submit your abstract by registering (signing up) as author here or if you already have user account, please submit your abstract here.
Full Paper Preparation Guideline
After acceptance, the paper will be selected for either oral presentation or poster session by the Scientific Committee. However, authors have the opportunity to express the preference for the oral or poster presentation. The final decision on type of presentation and topic is by the Scientific Committee. All the accepted papers regardless oral or poster presentation will be published in the conference proceeding.
- 1. Please download Full Paper Template Format here.
- 2. All of full papers should be written in English.
- 3. Authors and corresponding authors' names, affiliations, mailing address and e-mail address should be included.
- 4. Full paper must be in two-column and saved in MS-WORD format.
- 5. Authors are requested to prepare one WORD file (max 10MB):
- 6. 2~4 pages will be allotted to each full paper. Page numbering should NOT be set in the electronic file.
Full Paper Submission Guideline
Full paper Submission Deadline: May 31, 2017
- 1. Full paper submission is only available for those whose abstract(s) has been ACCEPTED by the Scientific Committee.
- 2. To submit your full paper, kindly upload the completed full paper to the system in MS-WORD format with the indication of your Ref. No. and Paper Title provided in the abstract acceptance notice.
- 3. You can submit your full paper by login to your account here or please submit your full paper here
- 1. Each accepted abstract should be enrolled by either the presenting author or co-author.
- 2. Each registration with full payment is entitled to two presentations for one presenter.
- 3. Registration and full payment should be completed no later than August 31, 2017. Late or un-registered paper may be excluded in Conference Program and Abstract/Proceedings.